I admired the way Dave Brat set the tone in his recent campaign and win by focusing on the Republican creed.
Good government is grounded, not on special interests and oneself, but rather on adherence to and application of principles that are designed to benefit everyone.
As the current chairman of the Goochland TEA Party, it is my duty to uphold conservative principles and to be guided by them.
These principles are straight forward and are fully applicable to local government: Fiscal Restraint, Limited Government, Constitutional Adherence, Free Markets, Virtue and Accountability.
We’ve seen the application of these principles as the core of what’s made Goochland great these past four years.
The Republican creed, which has a broader scale of application for a state and a nation, affirms:
- That the free enterprise system is the most productive supplier of human needs and economic justice,
- That all individuals are entitled to equal rights, justice, and opportunities and should assume their responsibilities as citizens in a free society,
- That fiscal responsibility and budgetary restraints must be exercised at all levels of government,
- That the Federal Government must preserve individual liberty by observing Constitutional limitations,
- That peace is best preserved through a strong national defense,
- That faith in God, as recognized by our Founding Fathers is essential to the moral fiber of the Nation.
These principles and values promote individual liberty and overall prosperity. They work each and every time they’re applied.
Thankfully, we see them at work in Goochland now, and a continued application is what the voters of Goochland can expect from me as Commissioner of Revenue.